I came across this in the letters page of New Scientist  magazine

Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 18.03.18

“Shocking Discovery

From (name with held)

When I was an apprentice electrician many years ago, my fingers strayed across live positive and negative terminals, and I cursed myself for being so careless. However, I suddenly realized that my raging hangover had vanished.

Given how well the voltage cure has worked for some (New Scientist, 22 February, p34), I now believe that the shock is what obliterated my hangover. I never dared to shock myself again deliberately in order to test my hypothesis.”

Albion, Victoria, Australia



%d bloggers like this: